Messor Orientalis Queen Ant For Sale
- Messor Orientalis Queen Ant.
- The perfect starter pack for kids and adults! A great gift!
- GUARANTEED! We guarantee LIVE arrival of your ants (Insured arrival free)
This species of queen ant Messor Orientalis is a harvester ant species. It likes to collect seeds which are chewed down into ant bread. Most of there water supply is provided from eating the seeds and proteins such as insects. Honeywater and sugar water will only be accepted by the colony with the nest is lacking moisture. The messor orientalis can easily die in open water so it is very important to use a water trout or cotton wool to provide a water source for this species. Queens can live up to 25 years and grow a colony of up to 10,000 worker ants.
- Suitable for beginner ant keepers.
- Prefers shrub areas and sand.
- Queen size 11 – 12mm – Queen colour shiny black.
- Worker ant size 3 to 10mm – shiny black.
- Food – seeds canary or grass seeds. Need insects for protein such as crickets.
- Nest type formicarium, acrylic and fish tanks.
- Likes to build a nest in soil, and under stones.
- Hibernation end of October to march.
- Formicrium sized required – Medium to Large.