Temnothorax Nylanderi Small Colony For Sale (Acorn Ants)
- Queen Acorn ant Temnothorax Nylanderi with eggs and workers.
- The perfect starter pack for kids and adults! A great gift!
- GUARANTEED! We guarantee LIVE arrival of your ants (Insured arrival free)
Really small ant species. This colony will grow to about 200 worker ants. One colony can potential fill one acorn nut. These ants are very active and a really cool to watch. They avoid conflict with other ant species and can be shy. Temnothorax aka acorn ants live on the ground in acorns or just under the ground. Furthermore, the colony will need daily temperature changes. It is important for the ant keeper to move the ant farm around to change temperatures during daytime and night. This is also important in summer and winter. Acorn ants can be easily hibernated by placing the setup outside during the winter. However, you do not have to hibernate them this optional.
- Suitable for beginner ant keepers.
- Prefers forest and medium moisture.
- Queen size 3,5 to 4,7 mm – Queen colour dark brown.
- Worker ant size 2.3 – 3.5 mm – Yellow to Brown.
- Food – honey water, sugar water, insects for proteins.
- Nest type formicarium, fish tank with acorns.
- Likes to build a nest in sticks, bark, and acorns.
- Hibernation end of October to march.